MTB Santa Cruz Bronson 4 S/Carbon C/29" Sockeye Sal.
You know what’s hard about choosing what model of Santa Cruz suits you? It’s having to narrow down what kind of riding you want to do. But what if you don’t want to be pinned down by labels? What if you want to just be a mountain biker in the broadest sense of the word? What if you want to choose how you ride rather than what to ride? If this sounds familiar, then try a Bronson.
Our demo crew have a saying, ‘If in doubt, take a Bronson out’. The 150mm-travel bike can go deep on any landing and the VPP™ suspension design makes sure that there’s no wasted energy when heading back up for another go.
If you value style at speed or want to have fun feeling fast, then mixed wheels (29” up front, 27.5” out back) show that the spectrum is a loop not opposite points on a scale. The larger front wheel provides more traction and stability that’ll make you feel more confident squaring off the turns and diving for the inside lines. But a 27.5-inch tire in the rear means this bike still loves getting up on the back wheel and into the air.
From flat out on the trail to fully flat over a table, each generation of Bronson rider redefines expectations of what a mountain biker is.
Wheel Size Front29", Rear27.5"
Front Travel 160mm
Rear Travel 150mm
- Weight 14.76kg / 32.53lbs
- Material Carbon C
- Fork FOX 36 Float Performance, 160mm
- Shock RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ 230x60
- Rear Derailleur SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifters SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Crankset SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB, 32t
- Cassette SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Chain SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Bottom Bracket SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Brakes SRAM Code R
- Headset Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars Burgtec RideWide Alloy Bar, 800mm
- Stem Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42mm
- Grips Santa Cruz Bicycles House Grips
- Front Hub DT Swiss 370, 15x110, 28h
- Rear Hub DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 36t, 28h
- Front Rotor Avid Centerline 200mm
- Rear Rotor Avid Centerline 180mm
- Rims RaceFace AR Offset 30 29"
- Front Tire Maxxis Minion DHF 29"x2.5"WT, 3C MaxxGrip, EXO, TR
- Rear Tire Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4", 3C MaxxTerra, EXO, TR
- Tubes Reserve Tubeless Sealant
- Seat Post SDG Tellis Dropper, 31.6
- Saddle WTB Silverado Medium CroMo