E-Mtb Santa Cruz
MTB Santa Cruz Heckler S /Carbon C /29" Gloss Avocado Green.
USED TEST BIKE
Danny MacAskill just doesn't stop talking about ebikes. He's infatuated with them. In fact, the only time he's not chewing someone's ear off about how good they are is when he's riding them. And when he's riding an ebike he rides and rides and rides. Which is partly why we've made the newest Heckler able to go further, higher, faster and be funner.
The latest generation of the Heckler has a larger interchangeable battery (720wh up from 504wh), which allows riders to expand their own trail map - accessing previously unreachable trails, unlocking less-used trails and cramming more into less time.
The thing that sets our ebikes apart from the pack is the on-trail manners of the bike. We sweat the carbon layup and frame design so it's tough enough to handle the sheer quantity of riding ebikes allow. There's no corners cut in the componentry so your only concern is not getting lost rather than being stuck with a mechanical. The geometry has been honed from a lot of testing and feedback in order to make the ride fun whether going up or down. And finally, the legendary VPP suspension has been tuned precisely for ebike use. 150mm rear travel (with 160mm travel fork up front) seems to be the sweet spot for a bike intended to tame big trails on big days, with slightly less anti-squat to give it glue-like traction on the climbs you'll be testing yourself on.
Wheel Size 29"
Front Travel 160mm
Rear Travel 150mm
Battery Size 720wh
- Weight 22.14kg / 48.81lbs
- Material Carbon C
- Fork FOX 36 Float Performance, 160mm, 29"
- Shock Rockshox Super Deluxe Select+
- Rear Derailleur SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifters SRAM GX Eagle Single Click, 12spd
- Crankset Shimano EM600 Crank Arms 165mm
- Cassette SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Chain SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Brakes SRAM Code R
- Brake Rotors Avid Centerline 200mm
- Headset Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars Santa Cruz e35 Carbon Bar, 800mm, 35mm Rise
- Stem Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42mm
- Grips Santa Cruz Bicycles House Grips
- Front Hub DT Swiss 370, 15x110, 32h
- Rear Hub DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 32h
- Rims RaceFace ARC HD 30 29"
- Chainguide E13 E-Spec+ AL
- Battery Darfon 720Wh Integrated Battery
- Drive Unit Shimano Drive Unit DU-EP800
- Charger Darfon Battery Charger
- Front Tire Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5", 3C, MaxxGRIP, EXO+, TR
- Rear Tire Maxxis Minion DHR II 29"x2.4"WT, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO+, TR
- Tubes Reserve Tubeless Sealant
- Seat Post FOX Transfer Performance Elite Dropper, 31.6
- Saddle WTB Silverado Medium CroMo